Saturday, June 7, 2014

Things That are Bringing Me Joy

I love to find joy in the simple things. Yesterday and today, I felt so content and joyful that I wanted to tell the world why, and encourage others to also find joy in the little, ordinary things. So here are some reasons I'm joyful today:

1. My New Wall Decor
It inspires me every time I look at it. (Yes, I am aware that it is missing a word and I do see the irony, but I'm going to fix it ASAP!). 

2. Recital is in One Week
As I write this I am icing a strained/pulled muscle, but I will push through this week! God has blessed me so much with amazing teachers who believe in me, incredibly talented dancers who inspire me, and a love for dance that keeps me going. 

3. Crazy Love
This book has been recommended to me a thousand times. I bought it around the beginning of the year and planned to read it...and then forgot about it. Just getting into it and I LOVE it.

4. Micah 1:3-4
For behold, The Lord is coming out of his place, and will come down and tread upon the high places of the earth, And the mountains will melt under Him, and the valleys will split open, like wax before fire, like waters poured down a steep place. It's not the kind of verse you'd crochet on a pillow, but I loved it's display of His majesty.

5. My New Slipper Socks 
I don't want to ever take them off. Ever. Is it silly that something so small increases my joy ever so slightly? 

6. I'm Scheduled for Worship
Some Sunday mornings (especially at the beginning of recital week when I want to rest) I'm not the most excited about getting up and going, but worship is one of my favorite things. Helping lead the church in worship is adds a little more joy!

7. All Sons and Daughters
Besides the insane musical talent, there is so much amazing Biblical truth woven into every one of their songs. They truly make we want to praise Him!

8. My...Teddy Bears
I'm 17, but my stuffed animals still stay in my bed. Is that weird? 


Well most of these were pretty silly, but I wasn't trying to be crazy! I honestly feel that the smallest things bring me joy! Where do you find joy? ❤️


There are two ways to live your life. One as though nothing is a miracle. The other as though everything is a miracle. -Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment